Sunday 25 May 2014

The Happiness Project: Week Eighteen

This feels very strange: It's the middle of the day, and I'm sitting down to summaries this weeks happiest moments; I'm so used to writing this in the middle of the night after a long day at work. Aren't days off the best!!

Monday - Walking to work in the sunshine in my home clothes. It seems silly, but its little things like not spending my whole day in uniform that mean my days aren't completely dominated by work. 

Tuesday - Getting back my to evening Pilates sessions! A while back I was following Cassey's Blogilates Calender, but I stupidly let myself fall out of the routine. However this week I finally found the time to get back to it, and it felt so good! (ok, that's a lie. It hurt. A lot. But mentally I was happy! :P )

Wednesday - The first alfresco breakfast of the year, followed by an evening reading in the sun. Perfect!






Thursday- Voting for the first time ever! I was just too young last time there was a general election, and then not registered to vote at my uni home, so Thursday evening was my first ever visit to a polling station. In typical Somerset style, the polling station was adorable, and I felt so very grown up to put my cross in the box. I'm slowly but surely becoming a fully functioning, responsible adult. eek! 

Friday - On the subject of becoming a fully functioning adult, on Friday I signed up for my free mywaitrose card. Its all about the free coffees my friends. SuperScrimper at heart.

Saturday - I cheated on my favorite Jacobs Coffee house, at the beautiful Bertinet Bakery, and I was not disappointed! Any feelings of guilt were soon dispersed as I sipped my way through my latte. Bertinet have two premises, a bakery near the top of town, and a coffee shop right next to the train station. Perfect for all you morning commuters.

Sunday - Right now, I'm chilling with my sister in the lounge, the sun is shining outside, the birds are singing, and the smell of my mamma's delicious roast chicken is wafting through the house. I could not feel more content.

Much Love, 
Jessie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment