Sunday 8 June 2014

The Happiness Project: Week Twenty

Gosh, its Sunday already.  

Sundays seem to creep up in me every week. There I am, pottering along quite happily, and next thing I know,  its Sunday again, and (despite having the whole weekend off- for the first time ever), I still find myself putting this post together last minute, in the middle of the night. Oh Jess. Will you ever learn. 


Monday - I really never thought I'd say this, but Mondays happy moment is exercise related (anyone who knows me in real life will know that I just don't really do sports), but on Monday I had a really good Pilates session. I'd fallen out of practice recently,  but on Monday I really felt like I was back on my game. It helped that it was a bums and legs day. My favorite sort of work out. Happy happy happy. :) 


Tuesday - seeing my favorite man after work. We cooked up some delicious burgers and chips, tried a couple of new ciders, and had dinner without the tv on. Which is not something we often do. But it was so nice. Its just so easy to get distracted by technology (even if its something totally rubbish), and I've got the kind of brain that really can't handle multi-tasking, so the conversation suffers as a result. I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to keep screens out of the kitchen/dining room when I do eventually get my own place.. 

Wednesday - I had a late start at work, so I went for a potter around the shops in the morning. I visited the new anthropologie store in town (its beautiful by the way), and picked up the latest issue of kinfolk (hello new bedtime reading), and a sweet little kitchen timer. Ya know, for that imaginary kitchen I don't have yet.. 

Isn't that paper in the center just darling! They had it designed specially for the opening, 
and its painted with watercolor representations  of all the landmarks of bath; the roman baths, the abbey, the crescent etc. Its a beaut!

Thursdays - Wagamamas with the beautiful Ali, and Lauren. Waggas is a guilty pleasure place of mine, and I'd not seen those lovely ladies for a while, so it was so nice to catch up on their lives over the delicious noodley goodness :)

Friday - Another evening with the boy after work. We spent a lovely evening watching awesome travel videos on vimeo. I'm getting so excited for September now!

Saturday - An impromptu tour of my mammas college. She went back into education last September, and since then I've only seen the place once from the outside, but yesterday she came to pick me up from a friends in Bristol, and we figured whilst we were in the area we'd take a tour of the place. It was so good to see where she spends her days now. 



Sunday - Watching tv with the boyf in the evening. He was watching a documentary about elephants, and I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs. It was so nice to be together, but not feel the pressure of finding something that we both wanted to watch. This is how I dream it will be when we can eventually afford a place together. 

How have you're weeks been? I hope you've been able to make the most of the unexpected sunshine we were blessed with this weekend!

Much Love
Jess
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment