Monday 7 September 2015

THOUGHTS | Back To School

What is it about September that gives me that back to school feeling?



Uni wasn't really for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the freedom of living by myself, and I loved all the people I met, and I do enjoy learning. What I don't enjoy is proving I've learned anything.

I received pretty much exactly the same (fairly good) grade for everything I ever wrote at uni. My Uni was a good one, and my course was well respected. And yet I consistently felt like a fraud. I had no idea how I achieved the grades I did, and I never failed to panic after a hand in or an exam. I was pretty much the worst.

Whilst I do miss my little house by the sea, and my lovely Uni ladies, I am significantly happier in myself now that I have left. Working suits me more that I ever thought it would. Being busy suits me. Earning my own money suits me. Coming home at the end of the day and being able to forget about work and focus, guilt free, on my hobbies is the best.

I'm so glad that I went to uni, and had the experiences that I did, but I don't know if I would have gone if I had known what I know now (isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?).

That all being said, I do miss learning..

So, this September, I'm doing something about it, and heading back to school! 

I've recently worked out that I would possibly like to head into something creative carer-wise, but everything I have ever studied has been academic and essay based. I have literally zero proof that I would be any good at creating anything, and I don't think 'umm.. I sometimes run a blog' is an appropriate answer to questions about my previous experience..

It's only one night a week after work, but still, I'm pretty excited to learn something new and take some time to develop myself!

Wish me Luck!

Much Love, 
Jess
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment