Monday 9 December 2013

Getting Back in the Game.

So I don't know whether it is the revitalizing effects of finding a new blog crush, the long winter nights (seriously, what could be better than curling up in front of the fire with a blanket, a mug of tea and a craft), or simply that I am finally managing to find some time in my days for something other than working and sleeping, but lately I have been feeling so inspired to get back to this little corner of the internets.

A lot has happened since the last time I was here- I've graduated, and got myself a proper job, and now, wouldntcha know it, Christmas is well and truly on its way. And it is with that in mind that I wanted to share  this years Christmas cards.

Inspired by this image I found on pintrest, I began by sketching out my design, and created a template by punching along the lines of the sketch with a pin. (I discovered that the best way to do this was to lay the card on the floor, and punch into the carpet- this gives enough resistance to protect the card from ripping, but not so much that you cant punch through at all). I then layered my template over the front of my card, and punched through the holes of the template. It really was that simple.


1) 1 template, 2 paper clips, and 4 pins; the tools of my trade. 2) I secured the template in place with paper clips and pins located at the furthest edges of the design 3) a work in progress. 


Its a little time consuming, but I am so happy with the results; the design is comprised of many raised dots (a little like braille) which create interesting shadows across the card, or at other times allow the light to shine through, highlighting the image in a way that makes me think of fairy lights.


 1) Festive scenes. 2) Completed cards, ready to send out to all my favorite boys and girls. 3) a cheeky close up of a candle. 

On a completely unrelated note, here is a picture I took out my sitting room window whilst I was making these, I thought it was cute, so I decided to share it with you. :)



Much Love,

Jess.

xxxx

 (p.s feel free to check out last years only slightly less minamalist designs here).

No comments:

Post a Comment