Monday 13 January 2014

This Post Is A Long One

So, this post has been a long time in the pipeline. I dont really know why Ive not posted it before now, I guess because its about me, and my emotions and stuff, and as those of you who know me in real life will know, I dont really do facing my emotions. I much prefer to bury them down deep and distract myself with pintrest and the like. Because y'know, Im healthy like that. Also, up till now, this hasnt really been a place where I share personal things.

So here's the thing, lately, I've been feeling a little stuck in a rut; I'd be the first to admit I've been grouchy, and uninspired. Unfortunately, this kind of mood is not really conducive to creativity, and so my poor blog has suffered. And there's the catch 22; I've not really wanted to make anything, so I cant blog, which made me sad, which of course lead to my not wanting to make anything. SadFace.

But recently I stumbled across the 100happydays site, which encourages everyone to take a few moments to think about what has made you happy every day. I loved this idea, but didn't want to spam my twitter or instagram friends with poor quality pictures for the sake of the project.  I then thought about making a second blog, dedicated to documenting the positive things in my life, but I couldn't face abandoning That Girl in the Attic. This site is my baby. I'm so proud of everything I've created here, and I didn't wanna go back to square one, to start from scratch, to loose everything I've documented in the past few years.

So yeah, I suppose the point of this long winded and rambling post is to introduce a new series here on my blog- 'The happiness Project'. My aim is to blog once a week about those things in the past 7 days that have made me smile.

I know this redirection is a bit of a departure from the almost entirely craft based posts I have been writing up till now (I promise you this is by no means an end to that), and of course I'll understand if its not your cup of tea, but I guess I figured this is my corner of the internet, so really, I can do whatever I want with it.

wow, that came out way more threateningly than I had intended..

So here's hoping that that little extra positivity is all I need to rejuvenate my creativity, resulting in lots more crafty posts!

Thank you for bearing with me throughout this long and rambling update.

Much Love,
Jessie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment